BEFORE CANCELLING: GET CREATIVE!
When your schedule gets packed, get creative with your group meeting. Let cancelling
be the last option to help with consistency of the group and building of friendships.
3 questions to ask yourself before canceling your group:
1. Can another member of the group host in my place? (When I’m out of town, not
feeling well, or having have work/family obligations)
- YES! Of course they can. Many times other people are just waiting for you to ask.
- You will be happily surprised when other members step up to lead for you.
- We all need breaks and it’s ok if you can’t lead your group…take turns in hosting at other homes, too!
2. Would another day/time work better for everyone this week?
- The whole group is booked on the normal “Tuesday” night… see how many can do a Friday dinner or a Saturday lunch for that week.
- It’s OK to change your group to a different day. We get it! Seasons of life change.
- Think about alternating every other Tuesday, every other Saturday… so many options for scheduling are available to you!
3. Am I looking forward to my group?
- Sometimes changing up the format or style of the group is all you need to bring fresh excitement to you and your friends!
- A great way to bring life to your group is to change up the format.
- Poll your group to see what they would like to study! Ask church staff for new group materials! We’ve got some great ones.
- Plan a fun event in place of your group the next week.
- Go bowling, get sushi, take a Saturday hike together.
“Building friendships can happen in your group outside of your home… just get a little creative!”